Graduates celebrated at outdoor service, picnic
Graduates of all ages were celebrated during Christ Reformed United Church of Christ’s annual outdoor service and church picnic on Sunday, June 18.
The weather was perfect for the outdoor service under the tent, which included music from Music Director Joey DiGuglielmo, who played a portable keyboard. During the service, aromas from the grill behind the church, being tended by Paul Mason and H.J. Lord, provided a little bit of distraction.
After the service, everyone retired to the chapel for a wonderful meal of grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and brats, as well as many wonderful sides and desserts. An afternoon of food and fellowship was enjoyed by all.
Graduates who were recognized during the service include:
- James Rinker, Shepherd University, summa cum laude, B.A. in secondary education (social studies)
- Charlie Cloud, Shepherd University, B.S. in criminal justice with a minor in business
- Amanda Riner (granddaughter of Darla Riner), Airline High School, with plans to attend Bossier Parish Community College
- Lilly Reisenweber (granddaughter of Harvey and Ginny Reisenweber), Martinsburg High School (#3 in her class), with plans to attend WVU
- Ryan Dotter (grandson of Sylvia Stubbs), Northern High School in Calvert County, Md., with plans to apprentice with Steamfitters 602
- Carter Megahan (great-nephew of Bernie Rainey), Virginia State Police Academy (graduated March 2023), currently serving as a Virginia State Trooper in Albemarle County
- Jaylee Brieliech, (great-great-niece of Bernie Rainey), has been promoted from Blankets and Bears preschool to kindergarten in Staunton, Va.
- John Hartshorn (grandson of Tom and Mary Hartshorn), has graduated from Global Vision Christian School and will start first grade at Grace Academy
- Carly Hartshorn (granddaughter of Tom and Mary Hartshorn), was promoted from Westwood Hills Kindergarten to first grade at Westwood Hills in Waynesboro, Va.
Congratulations to all of these graduates, as well as the others we heard about during the service who are related to other congregation members and visitors. We wish you all the success in the future!